Commander College 101
Step One: Building a Comprehensive Ministry
“I was able to bring the fire back to the church and start adding to the flame there, talking to parents, leaders, clubbers and the pastor about the great example and teaching I received at Commander College. Flames burn better with more fuel. I have a vision of how much more effective our church can be in serving Christ.”
— Awana Commander Bryan Gunderson
CC 101 benefits to you and your ministry
CC 101 dates and regional locations
Getting Started provides practical guidance and renews your passion for kids’ ministry. Commander College 101 takes you a step further.
Conveniently held at regional sites across the U.S., CC 101 helps commanders develop a comprehensive Awana ministry that equips your church, leaders and parents to raise kids that know, love and serve Christ. It starts with your role as commander. You will gain a clear understanding of your responsibility as an advocate, shepherd, administrator, communicator and leader for your program. This is critical as you learn how to integrate Awana into your church’s ministries, manage and motivate your volunteers, avoid common administrative traps, communicate effectively in all kinds of situations and grow a healthy, life-changing program!
Your take-home value from Commander College 101:
- Gain ministry solutions from celebrating and problem-solving with other commanders in your region.
- Rediscover Jesus’ passion around children’s ministry.
- Clearly understand the requirements of your five roles as a commander, as specified in the Commander Role Book.
- Learn how to share the gospel clearly and compellingly with children and youth.
- Align yourself with your church leadership and learn how to better communicate with your pastoral staff.
- Discover how to rally your directors and leaders around a compelling vision of what God longs to do in them and through your ministry.