We are logging you in under your new account!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Awana is first about outreach. You will receive the best evangelism tools for bringing children, youth and families in your community to your church – and to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- We offer your church fully integrated programs that train kids ages 2 to 18 to know, love and serve Christ.
- Our curriculum has a nearly 60-year track record for building an enduring biblical faith in the lives of children and youth.
- We provide resources that will enable your church to partner with parents in growing spiritually strong kids.
- Initial and ongoing training fully prepares your church’s volunteer leadership to impact kids for life.
- Awana brings children and youth into healthy relationships with mentors and peers who will influence them for Christ.
- Our exclusive circle games and fun approach to children’s ministry generate maximum excitement at churches’ Awana meetings.
- We provide training and ministry opportunities that gear up your church’s youth to serve Christ as adults, too.
- Awana missionaries and their ministry teams are available to supply hands-on training to your church’s Awana volunteers.
- Your church’s high-achieving youth can earn scholarships to Christian colleges by earning Awana awards.
You can accomplish this in many ways. For example, your church can use the curriculum for one or more of our children’s clubs in your Sunday school program. Or you can deploy whatever components of our middle-school and high-school programs that you choose to either complement or anchor your youth ministry.
If you’d like to begin evaluating our programs and materials immediately, you’ll find a wealth of helpful information on our About Us pages.
Your church may also consider collecting small weekly dues or an annual registration fee per participant.
Contact Ministry Advancement at (888)-292-6249 to walk you through your unique needs and costs.
- Puggles: older 2-year-olds and younger 3-year-olds
- Cubbies: preschool
- Sparks: kindergarten through second grade
- Truth & Training: third through sixth grade
- Bible Quizzing
- Grand Prix
- High Power Soccer
- Great ShakeUP
Meetings for our middle-school and high-school programs have a different feel and format from our children’s clubs to meet the unique needs of these older age groups.
Game Time is comprised of exciting circle games exclusive to Awana that are a popular draw for churched and non-churched children alike.
Handbook Time provides small-group interaction and recitation of Scripture that kids learned during the week. It also features friendship building and opportunities for leaders to mentor children and help them understand the Bible verses they learn.
Large Group Time consists of praise and worship, Bible teaching, awards, announcements and a presentation of God’s plan of salvation.
Awana leadership is an excellent volunteer development tool for your church. So that children can bond with leaders, we recommend that churches assign two leaders for every eight to 10 children. Younger-age clubs should have a smaller ratio per leader.
We also urge your church’s high-school students to get involved as student leaders. Working alongside adult Awana leaders, student leaders not only meet your younger-age club’s needs but also learn how to serve in the process. Plus, younger children see student leaders setting an excellent example of youth serving Christ.