The Moral Impact of Training Our Children in God’s Word
(Excerpted from Awana Starts at Home. Click here to purchase this book from Awana.)
Another motivator for our vision should be the alternative if we don’t train up our children to look at the world through the lens of the Bible. We can understand this by considering statistics from The Barna Group showing that those who have a biblical worldview are:
- 31 times less likely to accept cohabitation
- 18 times less likely to endorse drunkenness
- 15 times less likely to condone homosexuality
- 12 times less likely to accept profanity
- 11 times less likely to describe adultery as morally acceptable.
It’s clear that making moral choices based on God’s plans and directions to us in His Word produces measurably better results! Now here’s the wake-up call: Barna also found that a person’s worldview is established by the time he or she reaches the teen years. It’s time to get busy leading and training our kids in God’s Word, but it’s never too late!